Help Desk Manager
|December 20, 2012 - January 31, 2013|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The IT Helpdesk Manager provides management, leadership and guidance to all 1st and 2nd level support analysts within Allconnect. The Helpdesk’s primarily responsibility is to support our internal customers, however, this position does requires some level of interaction with Allconnect’s external partner base. The IT Helpdesk manager will oversee support and triage of all back office systems, IP phones, PC and end-user hardware, mobile device management, and overall company support functions. The IT Helpdesk manager will be responsible for monitoring a staff of local and remote analysts as they provide phone, email and deskside-based support to end-users. The support staff uses a ticket-based system to document, troubleshoot, and resolve technology related issues. While this role is partially hands-on, the primary objective for this position is to build relationships with management across all functional areas in Allconnect and will serve as their primary point of contact and escalation point. |
While managing the daily activities of the Helpdesk staff is a priority, the manager will also be responsible for career development of staff, scheduling proper business coverage, sending out company-wide communications, providing escalation updates, etc. This role will also handle inventory and purchasing as it pertains to new hires, break-fix support for existing users, and special requests or projects in general. A strong focus on identifying areas of process improvement, accountability and team performance metrics is needed as well.
The position is based out of Allconnect’s headquarters in the Sandy Springs area of Atlanta, GA and requires 5-10% travel.
|Duties:||• Working knowledge or past admin experience with various Microsoft solutions for the workplace, including but limited to: Active Directory, Exchange 2010 and Outlook, Office 2007, advanced Windows OS troubleshooting techniques, and general PC hardware expertise.|
• Possesses a positive attitude and adapt well to changing business landscapes
• Manage corporate technical helpdesk team responsible for a 1st and 2nd tier support and triage of a variety of incidents raised by regional and corporate end-users and customers
• Assist senior management with budgetary concerns and continually strive for improved processes and efficiency; sometimes through the acquisition of new technology
• Ensure customer problems are addressed in a timely manner, that expectations are set appropriately, and that a proper resolution is reached
• Provide career development opportunities for IT Helpdesk staff and provide team members with the tools necessary to achieve their goals
• Provide leadership to ensure that customer service is at the forefront of all else with an emphasis on responsiveness, communication, and professionalism
• Embrace pressure and work well in fast-paced small business environment where decisions must be made quickly and efficiently
• Display working knowledge of call center/technical support environments in relation to ticket handling, call processes, knowledge base management, and reporting
• Continued development of IT Knowledge Base including but not limited to self-help tools, internal staff training, end-user tools, and troubleshooting guides.
• Provide weekly statistics to IT management for purposes of root cause problem analysis, suggested application fixes and problem metrics reporting.
• Establish working schedules, manage vacations and time off to ensure appropriate coverage of the business
|Qualifications:||• Minimum of 5 years of hands on experience in a IT Helpdesk environment|
• Minimum of 3 years of management experience
• BS in Information Technology, Business Administration, Management, or comparable experience
• Certification in Customer Service or Helpdesk Institute experience desired
• Detail oriented and strong organizational skills required
• Call center experience strongly desired
• Exceptional communication skills including the ability to present and discuss technology related issues to non-technical users
• Effective communication and hands on support for senior and C-Level management
• Agile, decisive, objective leader who can influence and persuade people towards a common goal
• Team player who considers all opinions, facts, and data
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.